There are two ways in which to improve your Virtual Pro’s stats in FIFA21 – Virtual Pro Experience and Skill Points:
VIRTUAL PRO EXPERIENCE
What is Virtual Pro Experience?
Your Virtual Pro earns experience (XP) after completing Drop-In, Club League, and Club Cup Matches. Earning XP increases your Virtual Pro’s Attributes and their overall rating. There are two kinds of XP that can be earned, Base Match XP and Bonus XP.
What is Base Match XP?
Base Match XP provides a number of XP points to your Virtual Pro based on the match rating they earn during the match.
Each match rating, from 0.0 to 10.0, provides a specific number of XP points. Those XP points are then assigned to each of the Virtual Pro’s Attributes, based on whether that Attribute is considered Primary, Secondary, or Tertiary for that position. Primary Attributes gain 100% of the XP points awarded based on the match rating, while Secondary (70%) and Tertiary (30%) gain less.
Here is the list of match ratings and the XP that is earned with each:
|Match Rating||Base Match XP||Rating XP Δ|
For example, let’s say that your Virtual Pro earned a match rating of 8.0, which gives him with 1,100 Base Match XP. That means that all Primary attributes would gain 1,100 Base Match XP, all Secondary attributes would gain 770 Base Match XP, and all Tertiary attributes would gain 330 Base Match XP.
Match ratings might not always be whole numbers. Partial ratings, such as 4.2, are rounded down to the nearest whole number rating in terms of calculating the XP given. So the 4.2 would round down to a 4.0 and provide 600 Base Match XP for the Virtual Pro.
Note that there is a larger jump in Base XP the higher your match rating, up to a maximum of 10. If you score a hattrick in any Virtual Pro match you are almost guaranteed to secure a match rating of 10, hastening your progressing.
How can I tell which attributes are Primary, Secondary or Tertiary?
Each position has a set of attributes that are set as Primary for that position. As seen in the table below.
Note: not all positions have the same number of Primary attributes. As outlined above, this is important to consider as only Primary attributes get the full benefit of Base XP. Both Strikers and Forwards (LF/RF/CF) have 13 Primary attributes, whilst all other positions only have 12.
The Secondary and Tertiary attributes for your Pro also vary, determined by the position you select.
What is Bonus XP?
Your Virtual Pro can earn Bonus XP in a match by completing specific actions. Bonus XP works differently than Base Match XP, as it is only applied to specific attributes based on the type of action that was completed.
Bonus XP is attributed for the following in-match actions:
|Action||Bonus XP Awarded|
|Goal Inside The Box||Finishing – 40 XP|
|Goal Outside The Box||Long Shots – 50 XP|
Shot Power – 20 XP
|Hat Trick (3 Goals Scored)||Finishing – 75 XP|
Long Shots – 75 XP
|Penalty Scored||Penalties – 150 XP|
|Free Kick (FK) Scored||FK Accuracy – 200 XP|
|Assist||Short Pass – 10 XP|
Vision – 25 XP
Long Pass – 10 XP
|Second Assist||Vision – 30 XP|
Short Pass – 30 XP
|Key Pass||Vision – 30 XP|
Short Pass – 30 XP
|Successful Short Pass||Short Pass – 3 XP|
|Successful Long Pass||Long Pass – 4 XP|
|Successful Cross||Crossing – 5 XP|
|Key Dribble||Dribbling – 25 XP|
Agility – 15 XP
Ball Control – 15 XP
|Tackle||Marking – 5 XP|
Standing Tackle – 5 XP
Slide Tackle – 5 XP
Aggression – 5 XP
|Block||Marking – 5 XP|
|Interception||Interceptions – 10 XP|
|Header Win||Jumping – 5 XP|
Heading Accuracy – 10 XP
For example, let’s say that you score a goal with your Virtual Pro from outside the box. That would give your Virtual Pro’s Long Shot attribute 50 Bonus XP and their Shot Power attribute 20 Bonus XP.
How high can I raise my Virtual Pro’s attributes using XP?
Each Attribute can be grown using Base Match XP or Bonus XP until it hits the Attribute cap. Once an Attribute has reached its cap, the only way to increase it further would be to obtain Traits, using Skill Points, as detailed down below.
How high an Attribute can grow from XP is determined by the Virtual Pro’s position, height, and weight. The Attributes and the limits they can grow to with XP are detailed on the specific position pages on this site, which you can access here: FIFA 21 Virtual Pro Position Guides
Note: before selecting a position, we recommend that you finish reading this page and our FIFA 21 Virtual Pro Advanced Build Tricks.
SKILL POINTS AND TRAITS
What are Skill Points?
Skill Points are used to obtain Traits to improve your Virtual Pro. Your Virtual Pro starts with 15 Skill Points and can continue to earn them by playing League Matches and Cup Matches. You apply and use your Skill Points within the Pro Attributes section of the game (Pro Clubs > My Pro (first tab) > Player Growth).
How can I earn Skill Points?
Skill Points can be earned in Club League and Club Cup matches that are played through to completion. In other words, you need to be a member of a Club in order to early skill points.
Your Virtual Pro can earn up to 110 Skill Points. 95 of those Skill Points can be earned from playing matches, while the other 15 are the initial Skill Points given to your Virtual Pro when you create them.
For the 95 points that are earned by playing matches, they are rewarded to the Virtual Pro after playing certain matches. The table below shows when Skill Points are earned by the Virtual Pro.
|Matches Played||Skill Points Awarded||Total Skill Points|
For example, let’s say that a Virtual Pro completes his 10th applicable Pro Clubs match. The Pro would have the 15 Skill Points from creation, 14 Skill Points awarded from previously completed matches, and the 5 Skill Points available from 10th match for a total of 34 Skill Points.
After completing 100 applicable matches with your Virtual Pro, you will no longer be able to earn additional Skill Points.
What are Pro Clubs Traits, how do I get them, and what do they do?
Pro Clubs Traits are unique abilities or Attribute boosts that you can get with your Skill Points. Obtaining traits allows your Virtual Pro’s Attributes to increase beyond the Attribute caps. For this reason, it is important to understand your Pro’s attribute caps, as once you hit this cap – Skill Points are the only means of raising them further. You can find a breakdown of each position’s attribute caps on their respective pages here FIFA 21 Virtual Pro Position Guides.
Within FIFA21, you are able to purchase the following traits to boost individual attributes:
|Attribute||Max Attrb. Points||Max Skill Point Cost||Cost per Attribute|
Note how much more expensive it is to purchase and improve your Pro’s Pace Attributes – they are more than twice the cost of any other attribute in the game – meaning that a bias towards Acceleration and Sprint Speed with your Pro’s build can leave you with more skill points to spend on other attributes.
In addition to Traits which improve specific Attributes, some provide unique abilities, perks or unlock cosmetic benefits to your play:
- Finesse Shot – A Player with the Finesse Shot trait will get the full amount of curl when taking a finesse shot when the ball is on the ground. This can change how the ball will get to the target, but it does not change the target itself. You can get this trait for your FIFA Pro Clubs Virtual Pro by acquiring the Finesse Player Trait from the Shooting Skill Tree.
- Power Header – A Player with the Power Header trait will have more powerful headers. They’re also more likely to be selected to fill a target position in the opposing penalty area during an attacking corner kick, and they’re less likely to be selected as the support Player when the kick taker requests support for a short corner. You can get this trait for your FIFA Pro Clubs Virtual Pro by acquiring the Power Header Player trait from the Shooting Skill Tree.
- Giant Throw-In – When a player with the Giant Throw-In trait performs a throw-in, they’ll have a longer maximum throw distance than both Players without the trait and Players with the Long Throw-In trait. If the opportunity for a quick throw-in has passed, Players with this trait will be more likely to be considered the optimal selection for taking a throw-in where executing a long throw could boost the chance for a scoring opportunity. You can get this trait for your FIFA Pro Clubs Virtual Pro by acquiring the Giant Throw-In Player Trait from the Passing Skill Tree.
- Swerve – A Player with this trait will have reduced difficulty in executing an accurate outside of the foot shot. They will also have the full amount of curl when passing the ball on the ground. This can change the path for how the ball will get to the target, but it does not change the target itself. You can get this trait for your Virtual Pro by acquiring the Swerve Pass Player Trait from the Passing Skill Tree.
- Flair – A Player with this trait will be less likely to make errors when attempting flair moves. They will sometimes execute a flair pass or flair shot without having used the flair modifier controls, and they’ll use a higher lob for their short lob passes if there are players in the way. You can get this trait for your FIFA Pro Clubs Virtual Pro by acquiring the Flair Player Trait from the Dribbling Skill Tree.
- Solid Player – A Player with this trait has a reduced chance of getting injured when a collision occurs. You can get this trait for your FIFA Pro Clubs Virtual Pro by acquiring the Injury Free Player Trait from the Physical Skill Tree.
- Set Play Specialist – A Virtual Pro with this trait will no longer have the aiming reticule recenter when the left stick is released during free kicks and corner kicks. You can get this trait for your FIFA Pro Clubs Virtual Pro by acquiring the Set Play Specialist Player Trait from the Passing Skill Tree.
- Second Wind – A Virtual Pro with this trait will have less fatigue towards the end of a match, after the 75-minute mark, if they are currently losing the match. You can obtain this trait for your FIFA Pro Clubs Virtual Pro by acquiring the Second Wind Player Trait from the Physical Skill Tree.
Now you know how to level up your Pro, its time to pick your position and attributes. Head over HERE for advice on selecting the best set up for your playstyle and to maximise your stats.